Home Photography Writing About

8.5.12

Drabble Dienstag - Lotus Exige

We took our Lotus Exige on the Nürburgring. The sensations of that ride aren't easily describable, and I don't think I did it justice here. I may have to try again, but it feels like it needs stream of consciousness or a poem. I also wrote this drabble to start myself off easy in StoryADay. Here's to a productive month of writing!

blue Lotus Exige with raindrops

Dropping and dipping and floating and squealing, the car rocketed around corners, over bumps, through dips, and into the straight. My heart hadn't expected to last the trip. The adrenaline rush made my stomach plummet at first, especially on the first turn and when a Porsche passed our Lotus too close for comfort. My fingers tingled and when I stepped out of the car, my legs barely held me after ten minutes of constant flexing, pushing against the floorboard to keep my balance and sanity. But despite all of that I had a smile on my face. It was fun.