Home Photography Writing About

13.3.12

Drabble Dienstag - How I Felt

I had an experience last week that I have never had before. Let's see if you can feel what I felt. What do you think? This style is different from what I'm used to, please critique me in the comments.

The anticipation; the bouncing knees; the slimy palms; and the people sitting around me all participating. Should I? What could it really hurt? There’s no fear of addiction, that’s silly. There’s also no fear of passing out or being eaten or getting cancer. Well, maybe that last one. The most it could do is embarrass me, make me cough. They pressure me, but I wouldn’t if I didn’t want to. I take it in my hands. Breathe in. The taste fills my head; taste buds have nothing to do with it. Without coughing, I exhale the hookah smoke and giggle.