Home Photography Writing About

14.3.11

Fairy Tales and Offices

What do you picture when you hear a fairy tale? The beautiful maidens that dance across the pages with grace and flair? Or the princes who ride on white steeds and save the day?

A few months ago I decided to picture-ify three fairy tales for a friend of mine, Hanna from I'll Name My Typewriter After the Moon.

Hanna_1


Beauty and the Beast

Hanna_2


Snow White

Hanna_4


Little Red Riding Hood

We are both crazy for fairy tales and would probably live in them if we could, so we both hung these photos over our desks. Hopefully they will help the inspiration flow.

office
My desk with the three photos in the magnet board in the corner, next to my inspiration wall.

Mobile Uploads 030




And Hanna's desk. You can tell she spends a lot of time there pouring herself onto pages. It's a well-lived desk.






So tell me, what do you imagine when you read fairy tales?

1 comment:

Hanna C. Howard said...

I'm fairly certain I commented on this post when it went up... Where did it go?

If it got lost in cyperspace, what I wanted to say was, I LOVE IT! And I absolutely adore being able to look up at those three photos every day. What a perfect addition to my desk.