Home Photography Writing About

10.1.11

Photo Transfers to Canvas Tutorial

I found this tutorial on A la Mode Stuff a while back and planned to use it on some products. But then it just became a home project for my dining room wall. Here's how I did it with photos of the Statue of Liberty, the Eiffel Tower, and Big Ben.

monuments_1
Print out the photos you want. If they have words or something recognizable (like the Statue of Liberty's right hand) make sure and flip them. (I didn't, but we're a left-handed family so a left-handed Statue of Liberty is fine with me.)






monuments_2

You'll need canvas, the print-outs, mod podge, and a sponge brush. Glue the print-outs to the canvas ink down with the mod podge.

monuments_3








Smooth the wrinkles out and cover the pictures with something heavy. Let them dry.

monuments_4








Then slightly dampen the paper and pull it off.










monuments_5

You'll need to rub most of the paper off with your finger. I left some of the paper, and even scraped some of the ink off, to make them look old.








monuments_6

The three with the paper scraped off. It makes quite a mess.









monuments_7

I rubbed a wet black teabag around the edges and in the holes. It made them look like old oil paintings. It doesn't really match my other decor, and I wish I had left them white. Maybe I'll do them again at some point.

monuments_8


monuments_9

No comments: