Home Photography Writing About

26.5.10

Humidity

I've never lived somewhere that's so wet. Colorado is as dry as bone. I've never seen mold, I've never experienced being wet hours after I've dried off. (Well, except on vacation.) When my parents basement flooded we didn't worry about anything besides the stuff that got soaked and needed a good airing. Germany is not really humid, you don't feel the thickness of the air. But it is certainly wet. Lots of green foliage and constant rain or mist. My plants have grown other plants in the soil as well as some green fuzz. My shower needs to be cleaned way more than I feel like doing. But the worst was when I opened the refrigerator all ready for a whipped cream treat and found...

I mean, talk about ew. Especially when I was so looking forward to spraying that pressurized cream all over my tongue. Grrr. Darn humidity.

5 comments:

Juliette said...

so true. so nasty. i hate to admit to it, but i've become a huge fan of those disposable cleaning wipes. now you know where this stereotype of ultra-clean Germans comes from, lol!

Christine Danek said...

It is true. My hubby can't believe how much it has rained since he has been there.

Jessica Bell said...

ew yuk :( that would have put such a downer on my day!

Unknown said...

I can't believe I've never come across your blog until now! It's so cute, and then I see my blog buddies Christine and The Alliterartive Allomorph here for a visit!!

I hate Humidity it totally blows! Here in Houston it's a daily struggle and during the summer it gets extremely disgusting. I love fruit snacks and gummy bears but the trucks that deliver the goods sit in the humidity and get disgusting also sitting on the shelves.

Oh humidity, why must you visit us!

Nishant said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.