Home Photography Writing About

26.8.09

Germany

Yep, it's Germany. Although it's not official yet so I won't completely blog about it. Except for the fact that we are totally psyched.

Before I met my husband, my plan was to finish college and go to the Peace Corps before getting a life-long job. I wanted a little adventure before being tied down somewhere. But then I met Albert and the plans changed a tad. I graduated before he did and had to get a job until he was done. When he was done this last May I sat still waiting for him to find a job. The Marshall Islands were a prospect, way far away. That didn't happen. Then Wisconsin was a choice. That didn't happen. Then Cheyenne. That didn't happen. With each hit and each possibility we were getting closer to home. Not that I don't love my family; it was just a need to be gone.

The funny thing is, he didn't even find this job. They found him. He flew out to Washington D.C. last week to interview and called me with great news the afternoon of.

"Sprechen ze deutsch?" he said.

"Yea?"

"You'll need it."

And off we go. It's not in writing yet...but let the craziness of moving begin!

So to attempt to clear out all the stuff we have...30% off on most of the items in my shop. Please check it out and spread the word.

5 comments:

♥Jennette♥ said...

Thats awesome!

Anonymous said...

I understand the "need to be gone" and I really hope this time it's a go for you guys! I've never been to Germany but I hear it's great!!
Off to check out your sale :)

Laura Evans said...

kind of how i ended up in germany ... the then "boyfriend" but now hubby's career bought us here. Not a bad place & lots of travel. i suck at german though!! good luck.

Dionne said...

I love Germany. I took a year off before college and traveled Europe and fell in love with Germany. You will love it.

Kate8085 said...

Germany totally rules!!
We were just there last year.
And think about all the places you can go on weekend trips to.
Congrats!