Home Photography Writing About

28.4.09

Where this all came from...

I thought I should share the story from start to finish. I graduated from college in December of 2007 with a degree in English and a second major in photojournalism. I was rather sick of photography for a while and my camera sat in storage collecting dust. Soon after I found a job in the spring of '08, my hands yearned to click a shutter again.

And then the wheels started to turn. What could I do with my photography that did not involve newspapers (which I don't like and are going under anyway) or magazines (which are hard to get a job with) or a print photographer (who lives in a cardboard box on pb&j sandwiches, unless you're famous of course)? What sells consistently and implements my photography? What can I do that will mean something to me?

I'm not really sure how it came to me, but suddenly I knew. Cards! And from there it grew to postcards, bookmarks, stationery, and many other ideas. I hit the ground running and spent a few months researching how to run a business. And on April 4, 2009 I opened up shop.

I truly love doing this. And I'm so happy to have found my niche.

You can contact me at my etsy store, www.iamalive.etsy.com
Or at my email, amie_photos at hotmail.com


No comments: